Right now, I am blessed! Tomorrow I will be reaching a major milestone – 40 years on this earth. This is truly amazing. For me the 20’s was about having fun, enjoying life – pushing boundaries. I travelled to Thailand to live and work for a year and ventured to the US and worked for six months, making some lifelong friends. I experienced my first love, went through major heartbreak when it ended, brought a house and started a career. All while being body conscious, a little insecure and mostly stumbling through life without a set path or goal. Good times!
In my 30’s I started to become surer about myself. I still travelled but started to focus more on my career and personal development. I ticked more things off my bucket list as my expenses were still relatively small. I celebrated my 30th birthday in Ibiza, travelled to Cuba, Kenya, Budapest, Barbados (crop over twice), St. Lucia, spa breaks and purchased a new car. The last half of these years I became a mother to two beautiful boys and went through heartbreak again. It was these years that I started to understand the value of self-love, positive self-talk and embracing my energy.
As I head into my 40’s, I feel much more confidence with the challenges of life. I keep faith that the next person I fall in love with is my final, that my career can keep progressing, I can invest in a bigger family house for the boys and I am able to see my boys grown into young men.
Over the last 2 decades I have learnt many things and wanted to share these nuggets of wisdom. So here goes my forty for forty.
- You are powerful beyond belief.
- We have the ability to design and attract what we want into our lives.
- Its okay to be vulnerable but choose carefully who you show this side too.
- Never trust anyone else’s opinion of something or someone, always find out for yourself.
- Practice gratitude daily and amazing things will happen.
- You are more than enough.
- Never be someone’s option.
- Always keep a shit happens savings fund.
- Investing is a way to grow wealth, so don’t be scared.
- Always prioritise yourself.
- Life is fluid so ride the ups and downs – enjoy, learn and know you are loved!
- Appreciate the things that matter not materialism.
- Try and experience living abroad.
- Follow your own expectations not those set by society.
- Travel, travel and travel some more.
- Always try and think outside the box.
- Know that what you focus on will become your reality.
- A bikini is just like wearing underwear in public.
- You look amazing in a bikini.
- Cellulite means your aging well.
- Stretch marks mean you have had a blessed life.
- Pink gin and elderflower tonic is a delicious low-calorie drink.
- Don’t overthink situations, they are usually less complex than you think.
- Don’t make a decision from a place of fear – ensure it is through the eyes of love.
- Consistency and effort are important traits in all relationships whether friendship or a romantic relationship.
- Don’t judge others – you have no idea what they are dealing with.
- Embrace self-care and carve out at least 10 minutes for yourself daily.
- Always remember that your feelings are valid.
- We all know this one – a dance is just a dance, not a relationship!
- Take the time to establish your worth and understand what is acceptable to you.
- If you want to do, try or go somewhere – do it. Life is too short and if you wait for others it will most likely not happen.
- Trust your gut – its amazing how intuitive we all are.
- Get and keep your finances straight!
- No man can make you better, you must go on your own journey to better yourself.
- Toxic people are draining, stay away!
- Have fun and save up to treat yourself to the finer things in life.
- Live for work not work to live (we have all heard this one before).
- Fall in love with yourself before you love some else.
- Sometimes you are given what you need, not what you want and it may look very different then you imagined.
- Celebrate life!
As always if you enjoyed this blog – please like, comment below or share.